Irritated Skin Routine.

 I don't know if my skin is irritated due to the weather, or if it is irritated due to my periods coming soon or if it is due to my allergies or all of the above :( I am writing this post as I try to soothe and calm down my irritated skin and it sucks because I am unable to point at the root cause of this irritation. So if you have an irritated skin then this post is for you. 

BEFORE we begin with the post, this is your daily disclaimer that I am not a dermatologist or a skincare expert and neither have I claimed to be any of the above. I am a normal consumer of these products and I just share tips, tricks and products which have worked for me. If you have any skin issues please go visit a dermatologist or a skin expert as they are the best for guiding and helping you! 

With that being said, let us start with my irritated skin routine.



Let me just start by saying that my skin is pretty resilient and having an oily skin is a blessing and I am not allergic to perfume or fragrance in skincare. But since the past two days, my skin has suddenly gotten dry and I have been noticing white heads popping out which indicates me that my skin is irritated. So, this is the simple routine I have been following and praying to the powers up above to bless me so that I can go back to my skin being healthy. I will be honest here, I am a bit upset that my skin has gotten irritated right now out of the blue because for the past few months, I had no new acne breakouts and I thought I had the situation under control... but God was I wrong. 


Hiding my disappointment and sadness let us start with the most basic routine I like to follow.

    Now this is where my tip for a very basic and simple facewash and moisturizer duo comes into play. When you are having an irritated skin, you want to stay away from exfoliators and retinols. So, I like to wash my face with my Simple Gentle Facewash and go in with an aloe gel on damp skin. Aloe Gel is a god sent ingredient as it helps with irritated skin. I like to store mine in the fridge and applying it on damp skin, the cool aloe gel helps soothe my skin while hydrating it. And I do not shy away from applying a nice thick layer of Aloe Gel and I let it sit for 5-7 minutes until it sinks in. 

    I have the Innisfree Aloe Vera Revital Soothing Gel stored in my fridge always and when I tell you guys this product is God sent, I mean it. It retails for Rs. 550/- and it comes in a huge 300ml tube. I already purchased a backup as this one is very often out of stock. Anyways, enough of me raving about this product and let me get back into the routine~

Once the aloe gel has absorbed into my skin completely, I go in with my gel moisturizer. Now you might ask why do I do this? It is because Aloe is a humectant and like Hyaluronic Acid, if you do not use a moisturizer it might dry your skin out. And if this is in the morning then I use a sunscreen and at night I just top it off with a few drops of squalene oil and pray for the best. 

I also like using ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide, Snail Mucin and Vaseline during times when I feel like my skin is irritated. These are ingredients which will help your skin heal faster and also calm your irritated skin down while keeping it hydrated. 

    I try and avoid ingredients which contains exfoliators, chemical peels, abrasive scrubs (if you still use one... Please don't), retinols, etc. I give my skin a week of only hydrating ingredients to heal itself and try to cover myself and stay away from the sun as much as possible and if I HAVE to go out, I try and not walk in direct sun light. During such times ingredients like Aloe Gel, Oats, Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide, Ceramides, etc. are your best friend. Give your skin time to heal before you start your normal skincare routine. 

    With the constant wearing of mask and with the sweat trapping in, it is very common to get aggravated acne and irritated skin. Stay calm and we will get through this together. This last part almost seems like I am reassuring myself that this too shall pass. 


 That is it for the post! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you found this post helpful. Do let me know your suggestions and keep reading and supporting :) 

Have a nice weekend and BYE~

Comments

  1. I can't praise the Detan face pack enough! This product has become an integral part of my skincare routine. Its unique formulation not only removes tan but also adds a radiant glow to my face. I've received compliments on how vibrant my skin looks, and I owe it all to the Detan face pack. Try it, and you won't be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Finding the best soap for male in India best soap for male in India can be challenging, but I've discovered one that's perfect. It's refreshing, cleanses thoroughly, and keeps the skin hydrated. My husband swears by it!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. " Neem Soap Benefits include its natural antibacterial properties, which help cleanse the skin and prevent acne. It also soothes irritation and reduces inflammation, making it an excellent choice for those with sensitive or troubled skin."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts