Skincare products I will NOT spend my money on.

 Yes, you read the title right and yes this is an anti haul post. I am sorry if your favorite products are mentioned in this post but these are my opinion on products and how they may or may not be a good addition in my skincare. I have wasted a lot of money on products which were hyped up by influencers and I fell for the marketing and got a few and wasted my money. So this post will be a reflection of that and this post in no shape or form is intended to offend any brand or individual and these are just my OPINIONS.

Also I am not a dermatologist or skincare expert and everything I write here are just based on my experience with products and ingredients and my decisions to whether spend or not spend money on products. AND this post is not intended to treat any individual of any skin or health condition. This is just for basic information and reviews and opinions only.

Phew, now that the long intro and disclaimer is over lets start the ANTI-HAUL!



  • Face Masks: Listen before you throw rocks on my window for this being on the list HEAR ME OUT, OKAY? I do not hate face masks but they are not a necessity. I don't care if they are clay masks, peel off face masks, gel based masks they are a waste of money. If you have oily skin you can use BHA and Niacinamide and control yout sebum and oil production more effectively rather than wasting extra money on face masks and if you still want to use a face mask the good old kasthuri majal and besan mix works the same and is not as expensive as the face masks that are priced so high.
  • Sheet Masks: A hydrating form of face masks and in my opinion a waste of money are sheet masks. They are not reusable, create more wastage and are costly when compared to serums. If you want the hydrating effect then using any hydrating serum and essence will give you the same result as using a sheet mask. 


  • Eye creams: Overpriced moisturizers which don't do anything except moisturize your undereye which can be achieved by using your normal moisturizers too. I would make an exception for eye creams or serums which have caffeine, retinols or peptides but if its just a plain old moisturizer in a fancier small container then I don't see the point in paying extra money for a small quantity.

  • Toners: If you are on a budget then in my opinion you can skip on a toner. Toners historically were astringents which were formulated to maintain the PH of your skin because back in the day the soaps were not PH balanced as many of our modern favorite cleansers. In todays reference toners are moisturizing or exfoliating and if you want to have a toner in your skincare routine get an exfoliating toner rather than a soothing moisturizing one because you have a moisturizer for the same. And contrary to popular belief a toner is not a 'safety' step to ensure that all your makeup is taken off and honey if you have makeup coming off when you use toner then I am sorry to inform you but your cleanser is not doing its job well.
  • Sleeping Mask: Yes sleeping masks look extremely cute, fun and are raved about by a lot of people but if you are someone on a budget like me and want to save money then I would say skip these cuties. No shade but almost all the sleeping masks are EXPENSIVE and if I want to seal in my moisturizer then I would rather use a facial oil or an occlusive rather than spending a huge amount on sleeping masks. 

  • Lip masks: Again looks cute but is a waste of money. I would rather use vaseline than get expensive lip masks and expensive lip balms. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this post. This was just some products which I would not spend my money on. Which are the products you guys will not invest in? 

Comments

Popular Posts