My current makeup favorites.

So recently, I got myself some makeup products which I have been enjoying. I did wear them during a family function back in December and tested if they were mask proof and some products I will mention I got it recently and I will let you know my thoughts on it too :)

Now before I start for shade reference, I use Maybelline fit me 335 and in MAC it is somewhere near NC 45- NC 46. I have a neutral to warm undertone and I do have acne prone oily skin and my skin has lots of uneven skin tone, pigmentation and skin texture. 

Now, lets start with the list. 

1. Colour Corrector.

    After my favourite makeup revolution conceal and define concealer in the shade C-13 went out of stock (it still hasn't come back :'( it had a beautiful red undertone and was my exact skin colour. A shame it is still not back.), I went ahead and decided to invest in a good colour corrector. I was confused whether to get a red or an orange corrector, I went ahead and got the Pac 20 Pumpkin Take Cover Concealer from Myntra during their Diwali Sale. It has a nice rusty red colour to it and it is medium to full coverage. But, here is the thing about using colour corrector, even after you blend it seamlessly and apply a full face of makeup, the orange shade is very prominent or maybe its a me problem and I do not know how to blend... But your face looks flawless in pictures. Now, what I do instead is mix this with my LA Girl concealer in Fawn (because it has a natural finish, it did not sit well under a mask and it lifted from my undereye where the mask touched :( it works well without a mask but it did not work in a mask for me, even after setting it with a powder) and apply it after applying primer and that actually hides my pigmentation pretty well and it does not look orange after all the steps. 

Overall, a good purchase and if you are of a deeper skintone would recommend using a colour corrector as this makes your face even tone and your base looks good.

2. Elf Lip Lacquer

I knew I had to get my hands on this product as soon as I saw elf was launched at Nykaa but the initial pricing was way too high and I waited till the last Pink Friday Sale to get my hands on this and I purchased them for Rs. 192/- each. I got the shades Mauve Glitz and Love Bite without knowing that they were Dupes for the Fenty Lip Gloss. According to this website, Mauve Glitz from elf resembles Fenty Glow and the shade Love Bite is identical to Hot Chocolit.

Either ways, talking about the gloss alone, it is a very pretty sparkly gloss and I used it on top of my Nykaa Deja Nude Lipstick (which I will talk about in the later part of the post) and it looked very pretty. I do have to say that the applicator does picks up the colour of the lipstick :( Talking about the feel and texture of the lip gloss, it is a sticky lip gloss and you need to go in with two layers to get a nice coating but it does stays for a long time and it looks very pretty. It is sticky but you can tolerate it.

I also purchased their monochromatic multi stick but I do not enjoy using it as it has visible glitter particles and it does not goes well on top of foundation. It is VERY sheer and I got a deep plum shade and yet it did not really go well for my liking. 

3. Makeup Revolution Revolve Super Bronzer

After years of looking for a bronzer, I finally found one which shows up on my skin, which actually swatched pretty well and IS MATTE. As an oily skin person, I cannot wear dewy makeup and go out especially in Mumbai where it is humid. I prefer matte makeup and you do not understand how the Indian market lacks a shade variety especially in complexion products. When I first saw this product launch on hokmakeup, I was so excited for this bronzer because this had three dark shades which is very rare in the Indian market. I ordered them from Nykaa at full price because I was already ordering some other products but you can order this from hok makeup where it is always on discount. 




(The picture and the swatches are taken in natural light condition)

This bronzer is very powdery, applies like a dream and blends so easily. This is the second last shade and there is another shade called Oasis which is the deepest shade which is released in India. If you are looking for an affordable bronzer grab this one! 

4. Miss Claire Blush

If you have been into budget friendly makeup, then you must have known and used Miss Claire. They make such beautiful products for such affordable prices. I recently came across their blush after I read this post. The blushes looked so beautiful that I had to get one. I got the shade 04

In outdoor natural light
Close up of the blush in natural light.

Swatch of the blush in Natural Light.


Picture of the blush in indoor light.

Now, you can see in the indoor picture that the blush does has shimmer reflexes in it. It is a shimmery blush and it is very pigmented so if you ever get this blush go in with a very light hand. The brush picks up the product very well and always dust off the excess because the blush is a pretty deep coral maroon colour. It stays on the entire day pretty well and it a adds nice healthy glow to the skin. I did try it on with a very light coverage makeup when I had to go out and I had mask on and I did not apply transfer proof makeup on that day but both the blush and the bronzer did a good job. 
5. Miss Claire eyebrow pencil:
Another good product from Miss Claire is their eyebrow pencil. I had purchased it I think in the month of May last year before my birthday as I always used old mascara for my eyebrow and never really had an eyebrow product so I gave in and got it. It comes with a spoolie and the pencil is nice and waxy and I like how it is so easy to use. 
6. Beauty Blenders:
I like the Bronson beauty blender and the Colorbar Beauty Sponge. I have tried both and honestly, I love how affordable it is for a beauty blender and it blends makeup very well. 
7. Nykaa Lipsticks:
I am going to talk about three lipsticks from Nykaa which I purchased overtime. These are three different finishes and this is the perfect lipsticks for everyone but especially suits dark skin very well. 
  • The first lipstick is Nykaa Matte to Last in the shade Chai. This is such a beautiful warm brown shade which has a decent wear time. You can try the mini size before getting a bigger one. It is not long lasting unfortunately and it starts crumbling and if you eat something heavy then it starts transferring very fast. It is a decent product BUT THE SHADE IS VERY GOOD. 
  • The second lipstick is from their Ultra Matte Lipstick in the shade Cleopatra 08. It is a beautiful plum shade lipstick which I am wearing in the profile picture of the blog XD. It is a bullet lipstick and it applies smoothly on the lips and it has a nice matte finish. It does transfer but it does leave a tint on your lips and it stays for a long time! This is one of my favourite bullet lipstick from my collection and if you like colourful purple tinted lipstick you will love it.
  • The third lipstick which I have been loving is Deja Nude from their creamy matte lipstick. It is a beautiful earthy tone brown lipstick and it glides on your lips as you apply it. It is a perfect nude lipstick for deeper skin tones and its not mask proof but it is a pretty good affordable lipstick which I will use on a daily basis.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post. This is very different from what I usually post and if you want more makeup related post do let me know. If you want any swatches of the products I have mentioned do comment down below and I will make a swatch post :) I was unable to find pictures of me wearing these products :(

Thank you for reading and have a good day ~

Comments

  1. The Detan face pack has been a savior for my skin. Living in a sunny climate, my face often suffered from tan and dullness. Since I started using the Detan face pack, I've noticed a remarkable transformation. It's like a spa day at home – relaxing and effective. I'm thrilled with the results and would recommend it to everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts